In a short period, the mobile enterprise has exploded all over the world. There are almost as many mobile phone users in the world today as are the number of people on earth. Apart from individual consumers, the corporate world has also understood the need to adopt this method of working.

It was not before long that you had to stand in long queues in banks to carry out the most trivial transactions. But today, in a matter of less than 10 years, the scenario has changed completely. This shift has been from those of physical transactions to Netbanking on computers to Netbanking on your mobile devices (also termed as mobile banking). But the important thing is that this same change is not limited only to banks, but it has affected all the spheres of life, right from shopping to entertainment.

Hence, it is not surprising that the corporate sector is also slowly embracing this medium of working. Nowadays, many companies are allowing their employees to access the official resources and work through their own mobile devices, which include smartphones and tablets. This rise in the mobile enterprise has resulted in mobile developers increasing by the day, as well as the devices and platforms for such mobile devices.

CEOs today have to embrace the mobile-first attitude that is engulfing the workforce and prepare their companies for expenditures on this technology. When they decide their strategy, they should see a future where there would be one powerful and parent device which would control many other devices. In the very near future, it would be impossible to see a company which won't allow its employees an access through mobile devices, just like it is impossible today to find a company which doesn't allow its employees to have PCs.

An interesting fact is that there are more than six billion mobile phone users today, when the population of the world is seven billion! Out of these six billion most of them are smartphone users. Moreover, almost 70% of the smartphone users use iPhone or Android devices, with Windows phone and blackberry and some other smaller companies making up the remaining 30%.

While all these facts and trends seem interesting, it is very important for companies to choose the right platform and the type of device in which they wish to invest a considerable amount of their money. This is because there have been clear indications as to which platform is on the rise and which on the decline. Imagine the dilemma of a company which would have invested in blackberry before 3 years! There is a general trend that the Android OS is mostly preferred by the consumer section, and iOS is preferred by companies and enterprises.

This delineation of usage helps the developers to concentrate their efforts on a specific segment. Actually, the developers have a lot of choice regarding the platform to develop for and the language in which to develop. But this plethora of options becomes an area of pain for them. It is the dream of every developer to be able to develop in such a way that their app would be able to run in the same optimized way across all the platforms and a range of devices. Efforts are being taken in that direction, what with the emergence of HTML5 as the developer's new choice. Also, Windows 8 promises to make the same app compatible across a range of devices running the OS. These seem to be good tidings for the developer community.

Breitling Men's BTCB042012-G755TT Chronomat 44 GMT Analog Display Swiss Automatic Two Tone Watch,Chanel Premier 18kt Yellow Gold And Diamonds Ladies Watch H2435,Jaeger LeCoultre Rendez-Vous Silver Dial Stainless Steel Ladies Watch Q3468121,Patek Philippe Calatrava Men's 18K Rose Gold Watch - 6000R-001,Ulysse Nardin Special Editions Mens Watch 326-00/3
Read More: